Policies for Action: Public Policy Research to Advance Racial Equity and Racial Justice
2020 Call for Proposals
- Release Date: September 30, 2020 | Application Deadline: Tue, 24 Nov 2020
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Preference will be given to applicants that are either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not private foundations or Type III supporting organizations. The Foundation may require additional documentation.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
- Awards will be made to organizations, not to individuals.
- We welcome applications from all investigators. The following are especially encouraged to apply:
- interdisciplinary research teams;
- community-partnered research teams;
- investigators from diverse backgrounds or with diverse life experiences (e.g., race, gender, class origin/first generation college, LGBTQI, disability, ethnicity, national origin);
- investigators from a wide range of disciplines;
- first-time applicants for an RWJF grant.
- October 21, 2020 (2:30 p.m. ET)
Optional applicant webinar. A recording is available here.
- November 24, 2020 (3 p.m. ET)*
Deadline for receipt of letters of intent.
- April 7, 2021 (3 p.m. ET)*
Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- Approximately $2 million will be awarded through this CFP.
- There is not an explicit range for allowable budget requests. You should request the amount of funding you will need to complete your proposed research project and to translate and disseminate the results. The size of the budget will be weighed in relation to the importance and likely contribution of the proposed research, with higher budgets subject to greater scrutiny. Typically, P4A grants are funded at $250,000 each.
- The duration of awards will be up to 24 months.
- The grant opportunity outlined in this call for proposals is contingent upon final funding confirmation from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for such grants.