Dolores Huerta Foundation Education Program Associate Job Announcement
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is a non-profit organization creating networks of healthy, organized communities pursuing social justice through systemic and structural transformation.
The DHF seeks to hire an education program associate to support DHF’s program to educate, train, organize, and engage community members to participate in voting and other forms of civic engagement. The education program associate will create curriculum and facilitate trainings in both English and Spanish for leadership development of volunteer residents ,parents, and students.
- Provide support to the Education Policy Director with planning and coordination of education the program, projects, and/or campaigns.
- Cultivate DHF participation in collaborations with partner organizations and allies working on educational justice.
- Maintain analysis and oversight of Local Control Accountability Plans in targeted school districts, including Arvin Union, Lamont, Vineland, Greenfield Union, Woodlake Unified, Lindsay Unified, Parlier Unified, Sanger Unified, Kern High, Bakersfield City, Mojave Unified, Lancaster Unified, Palmdale Unified, Antelope Valley.
- Research and compile data to inform and support DHF education program initiatives.
- Develop expertise in school climate, parent engagement, and community schools to support DHF’s advocacy work.
- Assist with developing student and parent training curriculum development using Popular Education techniques on comprehensive education and civic engagement topics.
- Facilitate trainings for parents and other community members on a variety of civic engagement and education curriculum in both Spanish and English.
- Create content for newsletters and various social media platforms to update community members and partners on our work.
- Provide weekly written reports to document activities, updates, and results via conference calls and timely updates.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Experience and passion for community organizing
- Experience in providing trainings
- A proactive solutions-oriented approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), cultural competency,
strong listening skills, and humor
- Patience and flexibility
- Excellent team player
- Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish & English
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Videoconference, google drive, & on-line navigation
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Strong collaborator, team player, able to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Time management skills
- Self-confidence and self-assurance
- California Drivers License
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance
Location: Fresno or Tulare County
Hourly rate: $21.50
Excellent Medical, dental & vision benefits offered
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Dolores Huerta Foundation
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303 OR humanresources