HandsOn Central California is currently looking to hire someone who can
commit to working full-time for 11 months with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
All applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree by December 2018 and be fluent
in English and Spanish.
Partner Sites: Big Brothers Big Sisters (Fresno)
Position Title: Full-Time CalSERVES VIP Fellow
Service Term: 11 months; October 2018 – August 2019
Reports to: Program Manager and Coordinators/ Partner Site Supervisor
Job Description (see attached position description for full details):
VIP Fellows build volunteer capacity at existing nonprofits and schools
(Partner Sites) that serve children,youth and families.
They do this through:
1) building sustainable systems to track, support, manage, and train
2) recruiting one-time and skills-based volunteers; and
3) raising funds to support the development of the volunteer program.
This position is a valuable opportunity to develop and apply your leadership
and community organizing skills to make a lasting difference. Extensive
training in volunteer management and nonprofit professional skills is
offered, including the opportunity to earn a certificate in
· Full-time, 11-month commitment serving a minimum of 1700 hours,
may include evenings and weekends depending on Partner Site service schedule
· Hours are generally Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 6:00PM (varies
by Partner Site)
*Benefits of Service *
· Stipend of $15,500.00 for first year AmeriCorps members
· Education Award of at least $5,815.00
· Health Benefits
· Possible student loan deferment and interest repayment for
federally-backed student loans
· Extensive Professional Development and experiential learning
AmeriCorps VIP Fellow Lead
HandsOn Central California
732 N. Van Ness Ave. Fresno, CA 93728