Marjaree Mason Center (MMC) is hiring an Education an Outreach Mangaer
See below for job description.
Nicole DiBuduo Linder
Marjaree Mason Center
1600 M Street | Fresno, CA 93721
Office: 559.237.4706 | Fax: 559.237.0420
*Education** and Outreach Manager*
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications
Work Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00, however occasionally can vary
to include evenings or weekends
*SUMMARY*: The Marjaree Mason Center’s offers a variety of education
topics for those who have experience domestic violence, or those wishing to
learn more about the topic for professional or personal reasons. The
Education and Outreach Manager is responsible managing all aspects of the
youth and adult education programs offered by MMC, including development of
curriculum, managing requests, scheduling and delivery to both external and
internal audiences. This position requires relationship building and
communication with Fresno County schools and district administrators. This
position will be responsible for providing coordination, planning,
oversight and implementation of outreach events/activities. This position,
in conjunction with the HR Director, is responsible for recruitment,
onboarding and oversight of volunteers that can assist with
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
· Responsible for the middle school and high school education program
(currently, KNOW MORE and Safe Dates), including quality delivery of the
programs, budgeting, staff, contract agreements, evaluation and meetings
with school and district personnel to ensure program goals and objectives
· Develop annual SMART goals for MMC’s youth education program that
include growth and sustainability.
· Develop and execute a plan to identify and expand MMC’s education
and awareness programs to elementary, middle and high schools as well as
universities in Fresno County.
· Develop and maintain community partnerships that can provide
additional resources that can promote and financially support youth
· Develop pre and post assessments to gauge learning effectiveness
and future needs..
· Oversees registration and scheduling of MMC’s 40-hour domestic
violence advocate training, web-based training, internal and external
specialized training, education oversight and training including the youth
education programs, and community education.
· Ensure all agency policies, branding, and community presence is
maintained and strategized
· Responsible for research and conversion of some or all of MMC’s
education materials to an online platform that will be used for internal
and external training.
· Maintain MMC’s PowerPoint presentations, and streamline the
information into quality and focused topical presentations and ensure
compliance with agency branding and messaging.
· Develop a “train the trainer” program to develop additional
facilitators in our Fresno County service area.
· Give presentations to internal departments, community groups and
· Deliver outreach presentations, including but not limited to “Get
to Know MMC”, “Teen Dating Violence.”, and “DV 101”.
· Maintain a current catalog of all MMC presentations, handouts, and
· Maintain complete, accurate and timely record of education program
attendance, certification, and outreach participation.
· Provide complete, accurate and time information needed for grant
reporting and management.
· Attend scheduled MMC and/or community meetings as requested.
· Meet the goals and objectives of MMC’s Strategic Plan
· Handle web and social media outreach for all youth education
· Collaborate with the Director of Development and Communication on
the development and scheduling of paid training opportunities to community
businesses, agencies, schools, etc.
· Identify agency and community education needs as it relates to
· Creating community awareness of relevant community relations events
on social media.
· Assign staff and/or volunteers to participate in community events.
· Work with the Director of Human Resources to develop training and
development content specifically for MMC’s Volunteer Program.
*The Manager of Education and Outreach is expected to customarily and
regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out job
duties. The Manager of Education and Outreach is also expected to perform
solely exempt-type duties more than 50% of work time during the workweek.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
· Two years’ training and curriculum development experience.
· Understanding of ADDIE model and/or Kirkpatrick model.
· Experience using eLearning-authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate,
Lectora Inspire, Moodle, etc., is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· High-level of effective interpersonal communication skills, both
written and verbal plus organization and presentation skills.
· Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work independently.
*CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:*
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license and proof of
liability insurance on personal auto. Must be insurable at all times at
standard rate by set by MMC insurance carrier.
· Must pass background.
*OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:*
· Demonstrated ability to work with sensitivity and without
discrimination towards peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity’s,
socio/economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental
challenges/disabilities and sexual orientations.
· Ability to understand the needs of families and women and children
and a willingness to address their concerns with action designed to create
change; sensitivity to issues pertaining to domestic violence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally
lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Occasionally push or pull up to 20 pounds.
· Must be able to drive
· Constant keyboarding, fine dexterity, handling, repetitive motion
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
– Frequent sitting, standing, reaching, climbing stairs, and reaching
– Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each
employee’s essential job functions.
*The Marjaree Mason Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is
our policy to make all personnel decisions without discrimination on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental
disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status,
national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.*
Revised Date: 7/18/2018