FT AmeriCorps VIP opportunity (9/1/18 – 7/31/19)
See below and attached for description and details.
Good opportunity for last-year students, recent grads, and others looking
for a good experience and considering applying for master’s degree programs
in the future.
*AmeriCorps VIP: Volunteer Infrastructure Job Description *
*Hands On Central California*
*Art of Life Cancer Foundation*
*Big Brothers Big Sisters *
*Go Public Schools Fresno*
*CASA of Kings County*
*Suicide Prevention Task Force-Tulare/Kings*
*Full Time *
*Living allowance: around $15, 500 before taxes*
*Educational Award $5,730*
*Federal Student Loan Deferral*
VIP Fellows increase the number of high-value (skilled and corporate)
volunteers providing services to nonprofit and educational organizations
that serve children, youth and families in the Central Valley. The VIP
Fellow will build capacity within the Partner Site volunteer program to
provide support, skills and resources that volunteers need to be successful.
*Duties and responsibilities*
– Develop and implement a volunteer program that engages high-value
volunteers, particularly specialized/skilled volunteers and volunteers who
take on leadership roles in the organization.
– Develop business partnerships that provide support for the Partner
– Recruit and train community members as volunteers to support the
infrastructure of programs based on the Partner Site’s goals and needs.
– Track volunteer program and infrastructure development at the Partner
– Serve side-by-side with volunteers to provide guidance, better
understand the clients’ needs, and improve the volunteer experience.
– Participate in program-required trainings and development
opportunities, including orientation, regular meetings with your local VIP
team and online trainings.
– Resource cultivation (e.g., grant solicitation, sponsorship support,
etc.) to support your site’s volunteer program.
– Participate in three National Days of Service supporting the
community. Secondary Duties
– Positively represent VIP in a variety of settings, including
recruitment opportunities, staff meetings, trainings and service events.
– Assist with other program and community building activities at the
· Age Requirement: 18 minimum
· Education level: College Graduate preferred
· Ability to organize information into concise documents and
· Ability to speak publically
· Comfortable with ambiguity and can operate with minimal supervision
· Resourceful and opportunistic
· Confidence, energy and enthusiasm
· Excellent Verbal and written communications skills
· Knowledge of MS office
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
HandsOn Central California